TO MY WOMAN CRUSH WEDNESDAY

November 08, 2017 Jaybee 0 Comments

Dear Woman Crush Wednesday,

This an open letter to you, my crush. I don’t know how this Woman Crush Wednesday trend started, but I couldn’t think of a better day to let the world know about you, other than today. I’ve secretly crushed on you but it’s time to come out of my hiding. It’s time to remove the blindfold from the eyes of the world and let it see what I’ve seen in you for a really long time. It’s time to let the world see you for who you really are.

You are that lady… No, I mean that beauty from a broken home, living the consequences of actions you took no part in. Trying to understand why there’s so much hate where love is supposed to abound. The frustration outweighs the confusion; I know. You are that beauty who got sexually abused by that animal wearing a man’s skin. I understand it’s lived with you ever since. I’ll gladly carry the weight on my shoulders if I could.  I can imagine the hurt the memory brings.

You are that beauty suffering a terminal disease, a cross you weren’t asked if you’d like to bear. It hurts me to see you in pain when the monster rears its ugly head but the least I can do is spread roses on your bed. You are that beauty who’s been left to raise that child all alone, your only crime being that you loved and trusted that coward with everything, even your soul. You are that beauty battling PMS, and no one seems to understand exactly how you feel.

You’re that beauty who had your innocence defiled and have been told not to say a word. I can imagine the emotional damage. You are that beauty, who had to drop out of college, for issues beyond you. You are that beauty labelled anti-social just because the world neither understands you, nor knows what’s going on in your head. You are that beauty shuttling between raising four kids and keeping two jobs.

You are that beauty who continually deprives herself, just so you can support your family. That beauty in an abusive relationship who still holds on to the deep meaning of true love. You are that beauty with an eating disorder, a hormonal imbalance, being body shamed by ignorant folks. You are that beauty who continuously hustles, chasing your dreams, pushing through life’s obstacles without waiting for any knight in shining armor.

You are my Woman Crush Wednesday. You should know that you are beautiful just the way you are. Even if the world keeps throwing pain, anger, depression, low self-esteem, abuse, and the likes at you, I want you to know that it’s just the refining process. Rise my love! Just like a Phoenix from the Ashes, rise! Your scars don’t define you. They are stamps to your beauty.

Dust your robe and straighten your crown my Queen. The whole world is your subject. You are resplendent. You are a masterpiece. You are a star. You are unique. You are limitless. You don’t have to change a thing. You’re wonderfully and perfectly made. To every lady… No, I mean beauty all over the world, remember – Your experience don’t define you.


So walk with your majestic aura of royalty. My sweet Woman Crush Wednesday.

Lots of Love,

Jaybee.




Mature Minds Talk

You Might Also Like

0 comments: